Dr. Siler has written several articles for American Thinker on this topic. I am re-posting three of them below.
In February, I wrote an article for American Thinker discussing the new mRNA vaccines. Then, there was scant data about the vaccines except for the trials done to get emergency approval for their use for COVID-19. Now, since the first vaccine was given in the middle of December, there have been six months of use to analyze the vaccines again. It’s time to revisit the subject.
In the first article, I outlined the new vaccines and struck a cautious tone on calling them safe and effective, since there was not enough evidence to do so. Moreover, during the pandemic, it was clear there was a higher-risk group of older Americans who had co-existing conditions that raised their mortality. It seemed reasonable then that the high-risk group would surely benefit from a vaccine, but it was not clear if everyone else would also benefit from the vaccine. Six months later, the pandemic has already peaked and we’ve learned much more about the vaccine safety and side effects.
The pandemic is going away across America because we have reached herd immunity (and why does this not get mentioned anymore?). This is due to three things: (1) people already immune (due to cross-reactive immunity to other common Coronaviruses); (2) people who have had COVID-19 and are now immune, (3) people now vaccinated.
Note that cases already started decreasing in January, way before a significant number of people were vaccinated. Dr. Marty Makary made this call in April in a Wall Street Journal article saying we would be at herd immunity near the end of April… and he was correct. Former Pfizer executive, Michael Yeadon, also made this call and said there was no need to vaccinate people with a low risk of disease as we would reach herd immunity. He was also correct.
So, even without discussing the vaccine effectiveness or side effects, there is no need to vaccinate “everyone.” But still, there is a massive PR effort, media push, and CDC/Dr. Fauci disinformation campaign to get all vaccinated. One must ask why they’re pushing fear to force vaccines.
Initial vaccine side effects seemed to be limited to reactions at the time of injection and a handful of anaphylaxis reactions (life-threatening allergic reactions). Now, though, when one analyzes the VAERS data, which reports adverse vaccine reactions, we see many more side effects from the vaccines. Most understand that the CDC’s VAERS system is not the greatest system. Its underreporting of side effects is estimated to run from being 10 to 100 times off.
Obviously, a vaccine designed to protect a patient should not result in his/her death. To date, the VAERS system has recorded 6,000 deaths in close proximity (1-2 weeks) to getting vaccinated. This has never happened before in vaccine history.
Establishing the vaccine as the cause of death is difficult and it’s certain that not all the deaths were from the vaccine. Many of the older people who were vaccinated could have died of other causes. However, if death is a side effect and the VAERS system is underestimating the magnitude, shouldn’t this be a reason to pause our vaccination program until these deaths get investigated? Shouldn’t we know how many people may be dying from the vaccine? But instead, we get only a relentless push to vaccinate everyone while refusing to mention death as a possible complication. One must ask why this is.
VAERS data also includes 1,300 cases of anaphylaxis and 2,000 cases of Bell’s palsy (paralysis of muscles on one side of the face). The Astra Zeneca vaccine had to be temporarily halted due to a rare thrombosis in cerebral veins. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have listed clotting side effects as well: Deep venous thrombosis (1,370), pulmonary embolism (2,000), thrombosis (1,919), cerebrovascular accident (1,732). There have been 566 reported spontaneous abortions and over 3,000 women report heavy or irregular periods. Myocarditis, or cardiac inflammation, has also recently been documented as a side effect in teenagers.
Again, no one has yet proven causality but, if these serious side effects are under-reported, as is usually the case, shouldn’t this give us pause to investigate certain side effects further before giving to people of low disease risk? Why is the medical profession not drawing attention to these side effects? Remember that Hippocrates said, “first, do no harm.” And why are the media ignoring reporting on vaccine side effects that are more frequent than previously used vaccines? Currently, no one receiving the vaccines can give true informed consent,
I am a recently retired physician and not against vaccines. I have taken and advised my patients to take other adult vaccines when indicated after they have been approved and tested in the usual fashion. However, mRNA technology is a brand new way to make a vaccine that has never been used in humans in any large scale until last December. I was cautious in calling mRNA vaccines “safe and effective” in February and now I would be even more cautious about giving these vaccines to certain patient groups.
Even in the short follow-up period (six months now), these vaccines have many serious side effects and long-term side effects are still not known. We are nearing or at herd immunity and can take a more cautious approach now. It is now proven that there are oral, outpatient regimens of drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine and/or Ivermectin, that can treat COVID-19 successfully. There will still be sporadic cases as the pandemic wanes but those too can be treated instead of taking a vaccine.
Recommendations moving forward:
1) Older patients with comorbidities that raise the risk of dying from COVID-19 can still take the vaccine, although I would prefer a moratorium on further vaccination for COVID-19 until more studies are done.
2) Younger patients without comorbidities and at low risk of dying from COVID-19 would be better served, in my opinion, by avoiding the now-known side effects and the still unknown long-term side effects of the vaccine. Instead, they should treat any infection with Hydroxychloroquine or Ivermectin.
3) Healthy children do not need to be vaccinated. The side effects of the vaccine are likely to be higher than any morbidity or mortality COVID-19 causes in children. (WHO agreed with me!) Mortality from COVID-19 in kids is extremely low (.003%), lower even than the flu. Also, kids do not spread the infection to adults.
4) Pregnant women (or women planning to be pregnant) should not take these vaccines. (They should never take an experimental vaccine.) There are too many reports of spontaneous abortion and menstrual irregularities that have not yet been investigated.
5) We have reached herd immunity. There will be sporadic cases going forward. Management from here should shift to safe treatments for outpatients. There is certainly no need “to vaccinate everyone” to get out of the pandemic.
6) Persons who have been infected with COVID-19 have a strong immune response and could choose to wait on the vaccine for at least a year.
7) Do not be afraid of the variants. Viruses mutate all the time in minor ways (97% homologous). Usually, the virus becomes more transmissible but less deadly and this is likely what will be proven with the new variants. The recommendations above are not likely to change due to new variants, so ignore the establishment’s perpetual fear machine.
8) At this juncture, the new technology of injecting mRNA to create a vaccine does not seem safer than our older ways of producing vaccines.
Now that we have had 18 months to “slow the spread” it is time to take stock of the pandemic. We have learned many good things that the media and our pandemic managers rarely report. Most fundamentally, we do not need to be afraid of COVID-19 anymore. The media and some government health authorities are still pushing hysteria and fear, but that should not prevail. Let’s look at the good news that can calm our fears about COVID-19. There’ll be time at a later date to look at the bad and the ugly of the resolving pandemic.
1) Globally, the survival rate for COVID-19 is 99.8%. Under the age of 70, the survival rate for COVID-19 is 99.97%. This is on par with many influenza seasons. Americans younger than 70 do not have to fear COVID-19 any more than influenza and we know how to protect the elderly.
2) Herd immunity for the alpha strain is here. Sixty-seven percent of the American population have had at least one COVID-19 vaccination. The official number of cases is about 10% of the population, but several antibody studies show that the percentage of those with natural immunity is 4-6 times higher. Dr. Marty Makary, a Johns Hopkins professor, estimates that 80-85% of the population is immune from natural immunity and vaccination. Those who deny this must explain how cases and deaths started to decline in January way before there was a significant vaccine effort. COVID-19 will not go away. Instead, we are transitioning now from a pandemic to endemic status and, indeed, some eminent virologists say vaccinating in the middle of a pandemic is making herd immunity more difficult to obtain through the creation of variants.
3) The average age of death from COVID is 78. The average life expectancy in America is 78. This is not to say, “Don’t worry, only old people are dying of COVID-19.” However, this fact should direct and inform our policies to protect the elderly especially. Children and those under age 70 are at much lower risk.
4) Early outpatient treatment should be adopted immediately for COVID-19. Hydroxychloroquine works. Ivermectin works. It has been estimated 85% of COVID-19 deaths could have been prevented were these medicines used early. America’s Frontline Doctors have an excellent compilation of research. The cost of these treatments is $1/day. A new IV treatment, REGEN-COV, has been approved for early use in COVID-19. Don’t wait to see if you will get sick. Treat early.
5) Children are safe from COVID-19 and don’t spread the virus either. A study in the UK showed that the survival rate in children is 99.995%. In the U.S. 335 children have died since the start of the pandemic. A study done by Johns Hopkins and FAIR Health showed that all of the children that died from April 2020 to August 2020 had immune problems or were chronically ill. In that period not one healthy child died. Children have more chance of dying in a car wreck, unintentional drug overdose, or influenza than from COVID-19. Vaccination for healthy children is not needed.
6) Sweden did not have a lockdown or mask mandate and did better with cases and deaths than many countries. Lockdown did not work and had serious cultural and economic side effects. There is ample literature now to show that masks, as we are using them, do not work.
7) Persons who have had COVID-19 infection have a robust and long-lasting immunity. This immunity also is likely to protect against variants. As evidence continues to accumulate that the new mRNA vaccines are neither as effective nor safe as advertised, I would advise not getting the vaccine on top of your natural immunity if you had the COVID-19 infection.
8) There is very little, if any, spread of COVID-19 from asymptomatic persons. This lie was spread early to maximize fear of this new virus. COVID-19 is like other respiratory viral infections—you catch it from being around someone who has symptoms. Like other viral infections, if you are sick stay home, quarantine yourself, and treat yourself. We do not need to quarantine the asymptomatic healthy.
9) The death rate nationally for COVID-19 has been going down since January. Breathless “news” reporters talk about cases, hospital occupation, and contagiousness but never mention the death decline. There has been a small uptick in deaths in some areas over the last week, but not anywhere close to last winter. (There will be some variations in the death rate as we transition to endemic status)
10) The Delta variant is acting like a typical historical virus variant. Typically, variants happen all the time and are more contagious but less deadly. Initial reports show that this is likely true with Delta. A UK report states the Delta variant is likely 20 times less deadly than the alpha strain, but that more data needs to be collected. The media constantly mentions that delta is more contagious which is also true. Other Greek variants are likely to behave in the same fashion.
We do not need to be afraid of COVID-19 anymore. Let’s begin to end the hysteria and fear. The worst is over and we are transitioning to endemic status which means a low level of cases and deaths.
We will have many fewer deaths if we start to treat the infection early now with the available outpatient treatments. We should resist further attempts at lockdowns and mask mandates as neither worked. We know exactly whom to protect—the elderly and those with chronic health problems. That’s where we should concentrate our energies.
Thankfully, children have very little risk and do not need masks at school or vaccinations. Variants will come but will not send us back into a situation like last year.
Can our pandemic managers take some of this useful information and transform it into helpful public health policies from this point forward? Or is there another agenda behind unending hysteria, fear, and the constant push for 100% vaccination? That remains to be seen. For now, let’s celebrate the good news.
In an earlier article, I summarized the good news about the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, I will attempt to review the Bad and Ugly news about the pandemic.
The mainstream media, some public health authorities, and the pharmaceutical industry have engaged in a massive disinformation campaign. This campaign has focused on using fear to get everyone to take an experimental vaccine as the only way to get out of the pandemic. On Sunday, Biden urged America’s employers to make vaccination a condition of employment and expressed a hope that all Americans would be vaccinated.
Why? What is the agenda if vaccinating everyone is not medically necessary? (It is not!)
1) The COVID-19 death count has been artificially elevated to maximize fear. California’s fifth-most populous county revised its COVID-19 death count down by 22% after reviewing the cases for the last 18 months. Washington and Minnesota previously also lowered their counts. It is likely that overcounting happened across our country.
2) The PCR test for COVID-19 is flawed in many ways and led to overcounting cases. Two weeks ago, the CDC and FDA quietly said they would abandon the PCR test for COVID-19 in December 2021, acknowledging it did not work.
They also alluded to the fact that the PCR test could not distinguish between COVID and the flu. Did the flu go away last year? No, many cases were counted as COVID-19.
The CDC and FDA also now admit that they did not have any physical samples of the COVID-19 virus so they used common cold Coronaviruses and human cells to make a less accurate test. Covid-19 testing has been inaccurate and ramped up cases for fear.
3) The new mRNA vaccines are far from safe. While the VAERS reporting system now has over 10,000 deaths (EU 20,000 deaths) after the vaccine, a whistleblower with the CDC says the actual count is closer to 50,000 and not being reported. Adverse reactions, including anaphylaxis, blood clots, neurologic injury, and spontaneous abortion have approached 650,000 patients in the USA. After only eight months of vaccination, longer-term side effects remain unknown. Instead of a push to vaccinate everyone, the vaccination program should be stopped.
4) The mRNA vaccine is not safe in pregnant women. An article in the New England Medical Journal showed a rate of spontaneous abortion of 12% which is close to what is normally expected and the conclusion was the vaccine was safe to give. However, the study was skewed to include mostly women in the third trimester (84%). The remaining women in the 1st and 2nd trimesters had a 75% spontaneous abortion rate (96 out of 127). (See the footnotes to Table 4 in the article). The CDC also tried to hide this. Pregnant women should not take the experimental vaccine.
5) The most prestigious medical journals have been part of the disinformation. The Lancet, the top medical journal in Europe, had to retract a study saying Hydroxychloroquine was not working on COVID-19 when it was proved that there was no data for the study. This did not happen by accident.
The Lancet also published a statement signed by several scientists saying the COVID-19 virus could not have possibly come from the Wuhan lab. With evidence mounting now that this is exactly what happened the Lancet cannot admit it was wrong. Faith in our medical leaders is waning.
6) Antibody Dependent Enhancement (“ADE”) may be happening. One initial concern about making a Coronavirus vaccine was ADE. Now reports are beginning to come in from countries that are heavily vaccinated, such as Israel, that vaccinated people are getting sick and may have more serious illnesses than those not vaccinated. If the death rate of the vaccinated is higher than the unvaccinated this would be very scary.
7) The mRNA vaccines are not 95% effective as touted. Efficacy is likely closer to 40-70% but more data is needed. Reports coming in from Israel and states like Massachusetts show high numbers of vaccinated people (over 50%) in the hospital with COVID-19. Those that chose vaccination now looking at endless booster injections (the same vaccine that did not work very well the first time?) every six months (see #3 and #6).
All evidence seems to be pointing to the COVID-19 virus being engineered in the Wuhan virology lab and released there. Despite his denials, Dr. Fauci and our government have been involved in gain of function research for Coronaviruses for a long time.
The response of our government, some health authorities, and the media seems aimed more at social change and control than it is aimed at public health and ending the COVID-19 pandemic. It is not about public health and ending the pandemic when:
- faulty PCR testing has been used to inflate cases and maximize fear;
- some protests/riots (Antifa/BLM) are deemed OK and others are not;
- death counts from COVID-19 were inflated to maximize fear;
- safe, cheap, and effective medicines to treat COVID-19 are ignored;
- our Southern border is open and illegal immigrants are not being tested (20% +) or allowed to enter regardless of their COVID status;
- experimental vaccines are pushed 24/7 as the only solution;
- prestigious medical journals fabricate data to maximize fear;
- Sweden’s success without masks and lockdowns is ignored;
- Privileged people get funerals and the rest don’t;
- scientific data on the futility of masking and lockdowns are ignored;
- there is a push to vaccinate people with extremely low risk of illness (e.g., children);
- media and government censor alternate views of pandemic/vaccine information;
- serious vaccine side effects are ignored and there is no informed consent to the vaccine;
- every 2 months there is a new Greek letter variant with no outcome data to scare us.
The why of the above behavior remains mysterious, at least in part. Money is always a motivator for vaccine production, but this effort goes beyond monetary gain.
Many postulate that the goal is either the Great Reset or Socialism or remaking our society. Vaccine passports could be a gateway to monitoring everyone all the time.
Another postulate due to concerns about climate change is that COVID-19 and the vaccine are meant as a means for depopulation. Does the vaccine affect fertility? That still hasn’t been evaluated.
More deaths have been associated with the vaccine than any other vaccine in our history. Why hasn’t there been any inquiry into vaccine-related deaths? Will ADE come into play in the future winter seasons?
Americans need to resist further attempts at medical tyranny related to the pandemic. We do not need to be afraid of COVID-19. We need to be more afraid of our pandemic managers/government/media response to COVID-19.
I am with Rand Paul (another M.D.) in his call to resist peacefully. No more lockdowns or masking. We need to preserve the freedom to choose our medical treatments and not be persecuted for that choice. The vaccinated and the unvaccinated need to come together to stop the hysteria, fear, and efforts to control us.
Another excellent article to read on medical tyranny is by Brandon Smith. France, England, and Italy have begun to protest against more medical tyranny. Will America see what is happening, wake up, and fight for its freedom?